Moving data from one drive to another

Options

My data is currently stored on my C: drive. I want to move it to my D: drive. How do I do that?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Move it like any other windows file. Open Explorer and drag it to the new location. But first close Quicken. Your data file ends in .qdf and should be in your Documents in a Quicken subfolder. Then the next time you open your file either double click on the .qdf file or start Quicken and browse to the new location, go to File-Open Quicken File.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Move it like any other windows file. Open Explorer and drag it to the new location. But first close Quicken. Your data file ends in .qdf and should be in your Documents in a Quicken subfolder. Then the next time you open your file either double click on the .qdf file or start Quicken and browse to the new location, go to File-Open Quicken File.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Michael Saltz
    Michael Saltz Member ✭✭
    Options

Your answer was partially helpful in that moving the file to the D: drive was successful, but there was some incorrect data in the resulting file when I opened it. However, since I had backed up my original file, I simply restored the backed-up file to the D: drive, and everything was fine.

Thanks for your help/

This discussion has been closed.