Multiple Paypal Logins

Options
qrpercival
qrpercival Member ✭✭

I have 2 PayPal accounts - one for myself and one for my spouse. Each of us have a separate PayPal login. Both have been upgraded to EWC+ connections. But… I cannot figure out how to keep them both authenticated for download. When I authenticate one of the accounts, the other is essentially de-authenticated and I get an error message that says "it appears that one or more account(s) at PayPal has been deleted." Then I re-authenticate it. Then the other is de-authenticated. Then I cycle through again. I feel stuck in an endless loop here. Anyone else stuck in this loop?

Best Answer

• bobono
    bobono Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have 2 separate PayPal accounts as well, but have not experienced this problem. The Quicken account names are different and the associated logon IDs are two different email addresses. I use EWC+ as well, but have noticed that in the One Step Update summary, the accounts are listed as PayPal - XXlogonID1 and PayPal - XXlogonID2 even though both use the same "PayPal" financial institution name used for the EWC+ connection. This is not true for my other Quicken accounts using EWC+, but all of those only have one account per institution. Hope this info helps.

Answers

• bobono
    bobono Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have 2 separate PayPal accounts as well, but have not experienced this problem. The Quicken account names are different and the associated logon IDs are two different email addresses. I use EWC+ as well, but have noticed that in the One Step Update summary, the accounts are listed as PayPal - XXlogonID1 and PayPal - XXlogonID2 even though both use the same "PayPal" financial institution name used for the EWC+ connection. This is not true for my other Quicken accounts using EWC+, but all of those only have one account per institution. Hope this info helps.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@bobono

have noticed that in the One Step Update summary, the accounts are listed as PayPal - XXlogonID1 and PayPal - XXlogonID2 even though both use the same "PayPal" financial institution name used for the EWC+ connection. This is not true for my other Quicken accounts using EWC+, but all of those only have one account per institution.

You hit the nail on the head. Quicken only displays the login IDs in the OSU Summary when there are multiple logins at the same FI. So that does not explain @qrpercival 's problem. And, sorry to say, neither can I.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• qrpercival
    qrpercival Member ✭✭
    Options

I think it's fixed. The accounts already had 2 names, so I don't really think that was it. But I don't really know what it was. I just kept repeating the authentication loop. I finally decided to "add an account" while still in the loop and that seemed to do it. Not really sure why. Regardless, I'm claiming success. Thanks @bobono and @Rocket J Squirrel !

This discussion has been closed.