Download Issues

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken is S L O W - Everyone affected Please chime in..

Comments

• TechMom
    TechMom Member ✭✭
    Options

Not only slow, but it downloads inconsistently or not at all for some accounts. Sometimes it downloads transactions and puts them in closed accounts! I ran some financials and the totals were off by 10's of thousands! I spent 3 days in early July balancing all my accounts by paper and corrected some new account balances that came from who knows where and now it is still messed up. I cannot rely on any of the downloaded data and have to verify everything individually to the online accounts. I have used Quicken for 30 years and this has been the scenario for the past two years! I am about at the end of my patience!

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TechMom Slow issue here also and I'm having a different download issue that I have been trying to get fixed. Issue started in December of last year. All my downloads that come in seem to be correct. One financial institution with many accounts never downloads any transactions. I have to manually enter them. When I create a test file all accounts are shown as new and only have the current balance. No transactions at all.

I am talking with the financial institution about this. Don't think it is a Quicken issue at this point anyway. They made a major update of their online banking and I think it was in January of 2023 and Quicken wasn't available for several months.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• tbf47
    tbf47 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TechMom I am not having an issue like yours. IMO, if it is just 1 of the institutions you are updating it probably is them.

Windows 10 * Quicken Premier user.

Quicken user since 198x something. Started with Quicken for DOS 5.X

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TechMom - by chance, can you log out of Quicken and log in to see if that solves the problem? (go under Edit>preferences>quickenID),

• DotCom
    DotCom Member ✭✭
    Options

@Mark1104

For me, logging out of Q does not help with the performance issue. Completely shutting down my Win 11 Pro PC with 32GB (full shutdown, not just a restart) makes no difference. I've even tried eating a lot of chocolate; that doesn't help, either. Q is slow, slow, slow. Even just starting the program. Even simply going Help > About. Neither of these are computational or require internet communication. Screen handling continues Q's years-long tradition of repainting an account register multiple times in rapid succession before settling down, totally blacking out the screen sometimes when performing a One-Step Update, and sometimes taking over the entire screen, making the Windows taskbar disappear for a short time.

User of Quicken for Windows Home & Business Edition since the day after Microsoft abandoned its superb Microsoft Money product.

This discussion has been closed.