Can't enable tax tracking in Home and Business (Canada)

Options
gepark
gepark Member
edited September 2023 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

Hello all - I can't turn on tax tracking for the Customer Invoices account created when you generate an invoice (or when you create the account from scratch). The option to track taxes is greyed out, as shown in the image I've attached.

I'm currently using version R51.11, build 27.1.51.11 on Windows 11 Home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

G.

Tagged:

Comments

• aliciaclotilde
    Options

hey @gepark can you please tell the users more about the this? It could be more easy if you do so. You can also use the other versions of the tax enabling applications.

• JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Options

@gepark
    It would be useful to know how you arrived at that screen. I do use Quicken Home & Business, but not for a business, so I don't have direct experience in invoicing with sales taxes. But out of curiosity I created a new file and tried setting up the "Customer Invoices" account as you displayed above using the "Add Account" option, then selecting the "Business AR & AP" tab and selecting "Accounts Receivable". This creates an account called "Customer Invoices".

When opening that account it asks for a currency, Canadian being the default. Leaving it Cdn, I then had the option to enable taxes (see below).

I noticed that in your screenshot there is no option (drop down menu) to select a currency and it is left blank. I don't know how you got to this screen, I was not able to duplicate it, but I suspect this may have something to do with not being able to select ""Tax-tracking enabled". Can you select or specify a currency in the "Account Currency" box?

When I created the account, I noticed that when I selected "Yes" for "Tax-tracking enabled" the currency selection is then greyed out. Quicken does not allow multiple currencies within one account. Also once I issued my first invoice, in which I was able to add in the tax amount from a drop down menu, I was then no longer able to change the currency or tax-tracking status when trying to edit the "Customer Invoices" account But you can create another "Customer Invoices 2" account with the US currency selected.

When I set the Account Currency to "US", I was no longer able to change the selection for "Tax-tracking enabled" from no to yes.

• JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Options

By the way, I'm also using Home & Business Canada v51.11 on Win 10.

This discussion has been closed.