Different mortgage problem

KVacek
KVacek Member ✭✭

Our main mortgage was renegotiated to a lower rate in 2021. I opened a new mortgage account in Quicken and all was well for a while. Last winter I tired of the many issues I seen to have with the new Quicken and followed lots of online advice telling me that I could indeed, with the right talismans, incantations, phase of the moon, changing dates on the computer, etc etc, install my old Quicken 2016.

Ummmm, NO.

Among other things it mostly ate my "official" quicken backups in (certainly not my choice) OneDrive. I had real backups too and eventually reloaded WIndows (this hosed so much) and started over.

But not so much.

SInce then Quicken seems to decide that my new mortgage is (same bank) supposed to be tied to my closed, paid-off mortgage.

After a delightful few attempts to obtain official Quicken support, I did what I could, turned off on-line updating to maintain some ov my sanity, and let it sit. In fact I kinda forgot about it till today when I finally resest my file name to remove the RESTORED that Quicken loves to put in when you restore from a backup. I did another data download to make sure, and DAMN - Quicken decided to reassign all my accounts at that bank again. It does that with this bank or sometimes with the other bank, at which we have several accounts each.

Now that I might have most of that straightened up again, I see that I never re-connected our mortgage. No entries since last February, just the beginning balance set to what wsa current in February, and then some adjustment for a few months' activity that I certainly didn't put in.

Is there any way to actually get my old payment records back in ? I have a copy of the payments till Quicken ate the thing in February.

Thanks!
Karl

This discussion has been closed.