citi card not updating in quicken

cberistain
cberistain Member ✭✭

when I run the update feature, nothing new downloads … last updated data is from 5/28/23 quicken connects to citi when updating .. any suggestions on how to add all the missing transactions?

thanks

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you tried using Citi Cards as the Financial Institution name for your credit card account? Same ID and password as Citibank.

Select "Advanced Options" during setup and choose "Direct Connect".

Downloading from the card's website in QFX format is still supported, but only for

• the current statement period or,
    • one statement at a time, for prior statements.
    • Year to Date and Last Year options are also available.

You need to do this from the Transactions view pane using Search & Filter, not from the Statements view where you can only print or download PDF files.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

What connection method are you using? I'm not having any problems with my Citi cards using Direct Connect.

Citi does provide the option to download a QFX file so if you can't get anything else to work you could try doing that & importing it into Quicken.

• cberistain
    cberistain Member ✭✭

I'm using the quicken one step update to download the latest data for all my accounts .. when I do that, no new data is added to the citi account .. all others are working properly.

I looked at downloading the data from the citi.com site.. but the only format available is PDF .. and as far as I know, quicken does not accept that format for importing data.

so I'm still stuck :-(

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Have you tried using Citi Cards as the Financial Institution name for your credit card account? Same ID and password as Citibank.

Select "Advanced Options" during setup and choose "Direct Connect".

Downloading from the card's website in QFX format is still supported, but only for

• the current statement period or,
    • one statement at a time, for prior statements.
    • Year to Date and Last Year options are also available.

You need to do this from the Transactions view pane using Search & Filter, not from the Statements view where you can only print or download PDF files.

• cberistain
    cberistain Member ✭✭

UKR: you solved it!! thanks

I added a new account in quicken.. used my cti card ID/pw .. quicken worked on it for a while and then asked me to add it to an existing account… I said yes … and it added the last 93 days to the quicken data .. phew!

couldn't have done it without your help'

thanks

Charlie

This discussion has been closed.