AMERISOURCE BERGEN CORP Name and Symbol Change

Options
obiedog
obiedog Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Recently AMERISOURCE BERGEN CORP changed their name to CENCORA INC with the symbol of COR. How does one record this in Quicken?

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

(I am taking your description at face value.)

Two options:

1. Edit the Amerisource Bergen security in you file changing the name and the ticker. Uncheck the box for Matched to online security. Upon closing that edit frame, accept the default copy of prices. I would choose to delete the prices of the ABC ticker. On you next download, make sure the new security gets properly matched. This approach will change all prior transaction to appear as Cencora.
    2. Create a new security as Cencora with the COR ticker. From the transaction list, enter a Corporate Acquisition with Cencora acquiring Amerisource Bergen. I would still edit the Amerisource security to change its ticker - ABC-old for example - and to uncheck the matched box. Again , make sure the new security gets properly matched. This approach leaves old transactions reading as Amerisource Bergen but can make monitoring performance trickier.

Hope this helps

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

(I am taking your description at face value.)

Two options:

1. Edit the Amerisource Bergen security in you file changing the name and the ticker. Uncheck the box for Matched to online security. Upon closing that edit frame, accept the default copy of prices. I would choose to delete the prices of the ABC ticker. On you next download, make sure the new security gets properly matched. This approach will change all prior transaction to appear as Cencora.
    2. Create a new security as Cencora with the COR ticker. From the transaction list, enter a Corporate Acquisition with Cencora acquiring Amerisource Bergen. I would still edit the Amerisource security to change its ticker - ABC-old for example - and to uncheck the matched box. Again , make sure the new security gets properly matched. This approach leaves old transactions reading as Amerisource Bergen but can make monitoring performance trickier.

Hope this helps

• obiedog
    obiedog Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the response. I went with option 2 with no issues so far.

This discussion has been closed.