how to remove a transaction that's hidden?

Options
RJ Kodl
RJ Kodl Member

With the latest release, quicken added hidden transactions in a non-connected (e.g. no download) ESPP account. I was tracking the ESPP share balance manually for years. Two new hidden transactions showed up: one removed the ESPP shares even though they were not sold and the other added the shares under a different ticker symbol. To get back to where I was, I simply want to delete these two hidden transactions. However, when I do the either transactions, quicken reports an error stating "You cannot edit and ESPP sold or MiscInc transaction in order to preserve the tax calculations. To make a change, delete the sold transaction."

There is no sold transaction to speak of! Anyone encounter this issue? Help please.

I'm pretty certain I could start from scratch with a new account, but I have over 10 years of manually entered data on this account that I don't want to lose. And, I don't have an easy way of connecting the ESPP account as the same provider also services a brokerage account and the account numbers are the same. Hence the need to manually track in the first place.

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It’s been a long time since I needed to delete any ESPP transactions. Did you enable the preference to show hidden transactions in investment accounts so that you are able to see the hidden transactions? Have you tried deleting the transactions one at a time?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.