How do I create a fiscal year budget?

Options

How do I create a fiscal year budget? I changed calendar preferences to fiscal year starting in September, but under Planning the budget still comes up calendar year, January to December.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have prior year actual transactions in your registers?

The Budget view's Annual view should allow you to just simply scroll back to prior years.
    Now, beginning with the oldest month desired, add your budget amounts for that month to each category.
    To copy forward all monthly budget amounts from the oldest month, just click the month name (column header) in the title and a popup will allow you to copy forward the budgeted amounts to all other months in the budget.

Answers

• PSNJ Treasurer
    Options

I was able to create a fiscal year budget but don't see how to base it on prior year actuals?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have prior year actual transactions in your registers?

The Budget view's Annual view should allow you to just simply scroll back to prior years.
    Now, beginning with the oldest month desired, add your budget amounts for that month to each category.
    To copy forward all monthly budget amounts from the oldest month, just click the month name (column header) in the title and a popup will allow you to copy forward the budgeted amounts to all other months in the budget.

• PSNJ Treasurer
    Options

Very helpful, thank you!

• Khidie
    Khidie Member
    Options

hi, can I do a side-by-side comparison of fiscal year 23 and fiscal year 24 budgets so I can actually show the changes in FY 24

This discussion has been closed.