Quicken vs Simplifi for simple tracking of spending (edit)

I downloaded Quicken Deluxe yesterday to my Windows 11 computer. But I think this may be the wrong version for me. I don't want to track investing or connect directly to my bank or credit card issuer. I just want to track spending that I'm happy to enter manually, as I used to do in Quicken_Starter_Edition_2012. So is it Simplifi that I want? I chose Deluxe because it was the cheapest so I thought it must be the simplest.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

They still have the Starter Edition. Call support and ask to downgrade. Or you can just use Deluxe as you want to and don't use the online features.

https://www.quicken.com/personal-finance/quicken-starter-windows

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

yeah - Simplifi is a totally different and web only based product that doesn’t read or work with any Quicken data files …

Quicken Starter is still around, but they don’t promote it - and if you don’t renew, your data file reverts to Read/Only

Lastly … the 40% discount is for NEW users of Quicken based upon their Quicken ID

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Although it looks like you may have bought Deluxe for a sale price for less than Starter. I would just keep Deluxe.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.