How to reinstall Quicken 2017 (edit)

gts1221
gts1221 Quicken Windows 2017 Member

I had problems with my Windows 10 machine. Got new machine with Windows 11. Have used Quicken 17 for years. I have a backup of data. When I log into Quicken 17 I get a white screen. I paid for the program. never had any problems. Chris from online has had me download Quicken Patch Release 20.5 Mondo, which I have done. He has suggested I copy the Quicken.ini file from my old computer into the same file on the new computer. I have no idea where to find Quicken.ini in either old or new computers.

I need to get Quicken up and running.

HELP

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

just to clarify -

do you mean Quicken 2017

Updated topic title …

• gts1221

In answer … I'm not sure what I put in my question but yes I mean Quicken 2017. That is what I have been using with no problems. It is only now that I have switched to a new computer with Windows 11 that there are problems.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI

C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. You need to show Hidden folders in Windows Explorer.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • gts1221

Greg. I believe we have made progress. Unfortunately we are not there yet. I would never have thought to find the hidden files.

I opened QUICKEN.INI and replaced the "Registration" section with the same section from my computer that was not working. I have the operating HDD from that computer. The old information includes the ID from when I bought the program. When I start Quicken I still get the blank white screen. I used the File drop down and was able to see all the backup files on the new computer. I selected the most recent and all data appears for about 3 seconds then the screen goes to the blank white screen again. I know the date is there, I can see it briefly. I don't understand.

George

• Greg_the_Geek

You can't edit the QUICKEN.INI file, you need to copy it from the old computer. You can also try this:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/blanklogin2014-2017.html

• gts1221

Greg. I do not know who you are or where you are but you are my HERO forever. I had to do some moving of hard drives. I attached the old HDD by usb to the new computer then copied and pasted the Registration info into the new computer INI file and Voila. IT WORKED. I have my information back.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

May your day be wonderful. Mine just got a whole lot better.

George

• Greg_the_Geek

I'm just another user that tries to help other Quicken users. Glad you got it working.

This discussion has been closed.