Password Vault Insanity - M&T Bank password missing/deleted (edit)

Options

Went to update my accounts today. For some reason my password vault deleted my M&T password. I get a prompt to enter it, which I do, hit enter, and am taken back to the prompt to enter my password.

Went to the TOOLS menu/password vault and my M&T accounts are gone.

It is getting to the point where Quicken is just not worth this hassle anymore. Anybody else having a problem?

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

what version - … Help —> About Quicken

what does the One Step Update screen show for your accounts and this M&T account ?

does your Password Vault correctly show any other entries - and only the M&T entry is missing

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Options

One Step Update screen shows the M&T Bank account listed with a blank box to enter the password. I enter the password and hit update and then get a message to enter the password. It's an endless loop. The password vault shows all my other accounts with their stored passwords, M&T has disappeared. When I try to reset the M&T account, I get in the same endless password loop.

Quicken Premier

Version R52.20

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

what is the exact full name of this M&T account as setup in Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Options

M&T Bank

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

which exact Quicken entry - just want to check which downloading protocols are listed

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Options

Direct Connect

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

ok - tnx - just wanted to clarify which entry and it's associated capabilities -

and guessing you have no problem logging into the M&T onliine website with that ID and same password -

14770 14770 14770 M&T Bank - Direct Connect
    https://www.mtb.com 1-800-790-9130
    https://www3.mtb.com/personal/personal-banking/online-and-mobile-services/direct-connect-for-quicken-and-quickbooks ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭
    Options

Username and password work fine on the site directly. It’s definitely a Quicken thing. Getting really tired of these bugs. Each month it’s something else.

This discussion has been closed.