1. Xyzzy Corporation ACH Deposit is now
    2. "payment"
    3. transaction from Venmo that used to have a name is now "Venmo Venmo"

What is going on?????

Comments

• guptas4
    guptas4 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am realizing that Quicken is automatically renaming my transactions despite the fact that I don't have any renaming rules

• guptas4
    guptas4 Member ✭✭
    Options

why did this start today? when I did not make any changes

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible that your bank made changes?
    Have you looked at the bank's website to see if these transactions now appear in your account with different text from yesterday (or last time)?
    You need to determine what, exactly, was downloaded from the bank.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I noticed this for the first time today as well in R51.12. Some of my payees were abbreviated and lower-case.

E.g., "ST OF CA DMV…" was reduced to "dmv". "AT&T Mobility" was reduced to "at&t".

The payees look normal on B of A's web site. But showing the "Downloaded Payee" register column in Quicken reveals the truncated payees.

The SyncLog shows these. Example:

"payee":"dmv","
    "payee":"ST OF CA DMV DES:INTERNET ID:XXXXXXXXXX30922 INDN: CO ID:XXXXX11348 WEB",
    "inferredPayee":"St of CA","inferredCoa":{"type":"UNCATEGORIZED","id":"0"},"cpCategoryId":"20"},"mlKnownCategoryId":7500125000,
    "mlInferredPayee":"dmv",

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@guptas4 Which bank is sending you these new mangled payees?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• diabox
    diabox Member
    Options

I started having the same issue and it's doing it on transactions downloaded from multiple institutions (Chase, Ally, Wells Fargo, Home Depot, etc…). If you right click on the lower case transaction in the downloaded transactions area there's an option to revert to what it was before Quicken renamed it, but I don't see anywhere to turn the feature off. Seems the latest update turned on some kind of new feature. Strangely I hadn't downloaded in a while so earlier transactions were normal while items in the last couple of weeks were all simplified and lowercase.

Example:

Zelle payment from blah blah to blah blah

turned into

zelle

• hlhowie
    hlhowie Member ✭✭
    Options

This started today for me as well (9/27). All credit card transactions from Chase (including transaction from merchants who I regularly use) are downloading in all lower case font and/or ignoring renaming rules. I looked at the Chase portal and everything looks the same as it ever was there. Obviously we can't know what's happening on their servers…but from reading the comments here it appears to be happening at a lot of different institutions so it would appear to be a quicken issue.

• Miranda
    Miranda Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

This is happening for me as well in Quicken for Mac. It started yesterday and I was on 7.2.3 and this morning I updated to 7.3.1 and it happened again. It doesn't seem to be institution specific. I had it happen with Chase, American Express, and Alliant Credit Union.

Yesterday I had Amazon (Chase) and Netflix (American Express) transactions that ended up in the register as "amazon" and "netflix", and it also renamed the payee in my payee list, so years worth of Amazon and Netflix transactions were renamed.

Then today I got a downloaded transaction from my CU (Alliant Credit Union) that just came down as "check". The original payee was "CHECK #000209".

Nothing looks different about these transactions than how they were before. My CU has always sent checks in that format. Chase's Amazon transactions look unchanged from before this started until now ("Amazon.com*uniquecode"), as do American Express' Netflix ones ("NETFLIX.COM XXX-XXX-7172 CA")

• hlhowie
    hlhowie Member ✭✭
    Options

UPDATE - 9/28/23 - just updated to 52.28 - and because of or in spite of this - the above described issue was not happening today. Oh…and I also got the "snappy" new logo!

This discussion has been closed.