Anybody else having this problem with Ford (F) stock?

Options
Rick Lush
Rick Lush Member ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Investing (Windows)

Ever since I bought my first shares of Ford (F) when I run my "One Step Update" I get a message telling me that it updated 152 out of 153 stocks. When I hit the "Show Report" button it tells me that Ford is the one not updating the "news and alerts". It gives reasons why this might happen, but none of them apply, like it's an OTC stock or an infrequently traded stock. There is a box for download quotes that is checked.

Best Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not a problem with the Ford stock. It is a problem with the “Show Report” function. It is reporting the wrong stock.

You have one security in your list checked to download quotes that is not getting a proper quote download. It takes a manual effort to determine the real problem security.

• Rick Lush
    Rick Lush Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. I went into my security list and got rid of all the "download quotes" for stocks that I no longer own and reran the one step update and it said it downloaded quotes and info for 110 of 110 securities.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

That is not a problem with the Ford stock. It is a problem with the “Show Report” function. It is reporting the wrong stock.

You have one security in your list checked to download quotes that is not getting a proper quote download. It takes a manual effort to determine the real problem security.

• Rick Lush
    Rick Lush Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks. I went into my security list and got rid of all the "download quotes" for stocks that I no longer own and reran the one step update and it said it downloaded quotes and info for 110 of 110 securities.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI, the quotes that truly get downloaded are those that satisfy three conditions:

1. They have a valid ticker
    2. They are checked in the Security List to “Download Quotes”, and
    3. They are either owned in a Quicken investment account OR are checked as being in your Quicken Watch List.

So one of several possibilities is that a you had a security checked for the watch list and for downloading but the company had been acquired such that the ticker was not valid. I’ve never confirmed that leads to the xx of yy report, but I suspect it does.

I currently am off by one with those two values and have been unsuccessful in identifying the wayward security

This discussion has been closed.