Quicken Import not working! Can't work on my tax return due in 2 weeks! (Edit)

Options
MBHill
MBHill Member

Yesterday I received a message that my Quicken program is now Quicken Classic Premier. And today I can't upload my bank info in order to finish my tax return.

I tried "File, Import Web Connect", and "File Import QIF file" and neither will import my Credit Union bank info. Although the Import process did work for the Wells Fargo accounts.

I also tried to manually to upload my bank data with no luck.

Are there new instructions to manually upload a bank file to this new version?

MBH

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

a few details would help us understand.
    1 - Are you manually downloading from your bank and credit union ?
    2 - Which bank and which credit union ?
    3 - Which file format is downloaded…. QFX or QIF ? …. they are totally different and can't be just randomly Imported -
    4 - Were they working - and now fail ?
    5 - Any error messages ?

If you are not manually downloading - then ??

and to clarify some terminology -
    - Download - from the bank and CU onto your desktop
    - Upload - from you to your bank or CU -…. so it doesn't mean anything here
    - Import - to take the Quicken formatted file "downloaded" from your bank & CU - and "import" it into Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is that preventing you from finishing your tax return? Your tax return is for 2022. You should already have all your 2022 info in Quicken. Anything you download now into Quicken will be for 2023 .

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• MBHill
    MBHill Member
    Options

Hi, Thank you for the quick response.

1. For my Wells Fargo, I used the Web Connect and it worked great - brought over all data from Jan 2022-Sept 2023. (I've been extremely busy and have not been on my Quicken Account since early 2022. )
    2. For my Credit Union bank accounts, the Web Connect would not work, even after I checked my pswd. So I did a File Export and the system file was an ".QFX". Then tried to Import this QFX file and it does not load.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well you got lucky if it downloaded all the way back to Jan 2022. Most banks only let you download the last 90 days. What do you need in Quicken to do your tax return? You should have all the 1099 forms to enter into Turbo Tax (are you using Turbo Tax?). Or you can import your 1099 forms directly into Turbo Tax.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• MBHill
    MBHill Member
    Options

Hi, I have all my tax forms - W-2s, 1099s, etc. I need all my 2022 expenses. I have all my bank information, my expenses, in Excel. How can I format my Excel data so that it will upload into Quicken?

• MBHill
    MBHill Member
    Options

Hi Volvogirl: I did not receive an answer to my question -"How can I format my Bank data that I already downloaded to Excel so that it will upload into Quicken? "

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what Credit Union - the name that was used to setup the Quicken Account ?

1. For my Credit Union bank accounts, the Web Connect would not work, even after I checked my pswd. So I did a File Export and the system file was an ".QFX". Then tried to Import this QFX file and it does not load.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

here is what others have used -

Download and install a conversion program (freeware) called ImportQIF.
    This program might be able to convert the file you saved as CSV
    into a QIF formatted file that can then be imported into Quicken.
    You can read up on this program
    and download it via this link:  https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/  .
    The guy who designed it and runs that site is a long-time Quicken user
    who is still active in this forum and many have said that it works pretty well.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MBHill
    MBHill Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Jill Craig
    Jill Craig Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

My import from my credit union (State Employees of Maryland) works, except the payee field contains other data too. For online purchases, payee = memo plus payee. For in-person purchase, data in appropriate field

This discussion has been closed.