ATTN Quicken: PLEASE fix this bug - leave Real Time Quotes OFF if unchecked!!!!!

Options
Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭

This is not the first time I have reported this - yet all I get is crickets. I have submitted a problem report.

I keep turning OFF the Preferences/Investments/Real Time Quotes check box; yet EVERY TIME One Step Update is run, the checkbox is turned back on! I do not want real time quotes!

This setting should stay off if the user un-checks the check box. No one has addressed this from Quicken, when will this get fixed???

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is your file name and where is it stored on your computer?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's my name, DonAwalt2023.qdf. It's stored on my laptop, I only have Quicken Premier/Windows on 1 computer.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any time preferences aren’t retained, I suspect the following:

File name - file names with spaces or other special characters, especially trailing space at the end of the file name, can cause unexpected issues with settings getting saved.

File location - some file locations will not have the correct permissions which will block saving settings.

Cloud - some settings get overwritten from cloud sync.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks - my filename is just letters and numbers, no spaces or special characters.

I just tried an experiment, I copied my QDF file to the desktop to get a different location. The same thing happened, as soon as OSU is done I check and the checkbox has been turned back on. You don't even need any transactions downloaded. Then, I created a root folder - C:\TEMP. Put the QDF there. And it does not turn on the setting! Can it be that fickle on location?

So I got to thinking - I usually set the preference, do the OSU and exit. I thought, if it has trouble saving the setting due to the location, maybe set the preference, exit, and then come back and do OSU. That seems to work! So the workaround is do any settings, EXIT, then come back in and do work. I don't change settings much so that should be painless until/if they ever fix this bug.

This discussion has been closed.