Elan financial NO updates Google Chrome browser not the solution

Options
Franniedc
Franniedc Member ✭✭

Just to help anyone out there still having issues with updating Fidelity/elan credit card,

If you are using Microsoft Edge as your default browser, I Switched to Google Chrome as default. Well the account did reactivate and update by adding . I was able to add the account with 2 years worth of transactions and updates work beautifully. Not asking for a one time code. That was this afternoon.

I deleted the old account list in my banking on quicken.

HELP….went on this evening to do an update and Quicken is asking for a one time code from Elan that never gets sent to my phone.

Back to manual downloads /qfx file.

Comments

• JohnnyQuick
    JohnnyQuick Member ✭✭
    Options

Folks still having Elan credit card download problem ⇒ FIX is to follow instructions HERE: www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800 "Error Message When Updating Accounts: CC-800". Follow all the steps under "To resolve this issue" (ignore the Overview comment). You won't lose any accounts in Quicken, nor have to create any new ones.

P.S. Sorry, Quicken wouldn't let me Post the actual link, so just copy/paste the link in your browser.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

thank you. However, I have done this procedure and the fidelity/elan account wants to send a one time code to my phone and it never arrives. And for this reason I can’t even add the account as a duplicate. My account remains in the set up now mode. I hesitate to delete the account and start over because I will lose my register.

So frustrating. Last resort on the webpage says to contact Q. Which I have done 3 times with no resolution.

• JohnnyQuick
    JohnnyQuick Member ✭✭
    Options

Hmmm, strange. If you can get that one-time code I think you will be golden (because it will only do that to you once, when you re-establish downloads, and not again for future updates). Have you tried 1) having code sent to an email, or 2) logging in to your Elan account from a browser, and checking your Profile to see if they have the right contact number?

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

yes. The code is the prob. Fidelity says they only send out codes when you are locked out of an account but they see nothing on their end and refer me back to Q. I think Q has to lift this code business off my Q account. Not sure what to think. I’m taking a chance and deleted the account. Wants a code. Guess I will be making it an offline account

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks Johnnyquick for the suggestions. Something is up. I am up to date, have signed out and back into Q, have deactivated, have deleted, have downloaded from fidelity, not elan as the address in my Q takes me to a corporate website, have done the cc800 recommendations, there is nothing left. I will call Q on Monday.

my husband says just use the download feature in the fidelity rewards site and download transactions to the account until they get it fixed. I’m just very frustrated that it works for some with windows 10 and not for me. Checked my fire wall and it accepts and trusts quicken so only a call to Q is left.

Thanks all

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m in. Auto updates working for Elan/fidelity rewards. Added my husbands cell to the account profile. When updating chose his number. One time code went to HIS phone and have repeatedly been able to update after the account was linked to Quicken. So simple.
    doesn’t explain what happened with my cell I have had for years. Perhaps I was locked out after repeated attempts?

This discussion has been closed.