Why do the entries in BUDGET change everyday in several categories?

Options

I've used the Quicken BUDGET function for decades and have found it helpful & reliable.

In the last few months, I noticed that EVERY DAY the entries in several categories change without input from me. Daily, I correct these errors but the corrected entries are not retained overnight.

Quicken Tech Support had me copy my 2023 BUDGET with a new budget title. Today, the data in my original 2023 BUDGET and the copied "new budget" have totally corrupted data that bears no resemblance to the original BUDGET.

Suggestions?

Best Answer

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Mobile Sync turned on in preferences?

Is your data file stored on a One Drive with sharing turned on?

Either one of these can cause the symptoms you are describing due to sharing conflicts.

Answers

• RichardCSchreyer
    RichardCSchreyer Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Do you have Mobile Sync turned on in preferences?

Is your data file stored on a One Drive with sharing turned on?

Either one of these can cause the symptoms you are describing due to sharing conflicts.

• Golfer Jim
    Options

Richard,

I turned the Mobile Sync to the "OFF" position (it was "ON") and that appears to have solved the on-going problem that I'd been experiencing.

Thank you so much!!

Jim

• kyleh2003
    Options

I've been experiencing this issue as well, which is what brings me here. The workaround for turning off mobile sync is great and I'll give that a try, but also, that's a workaround, and we're losing functionality when we use it. Has Quicken acknowledged the bug? If not how do we report it to get it on their backlog?

This discussion has been closed.