BMO Bank + Quicken Problems

Options
ChuckM79
ChuckM79 Member ✭✭

I'm using Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows (R52.33, 27.1.52.33) and I'm having the same problem with BMO and Quicken for over a month.

Each week the same thing happens. From Monday - Friday, I don't use Quicken. I can login to my BMO account via the phone app or the website and it works fine. Then on Friday night, I start Quicken and try to download BMO account using the current password. After that, I can no longer login to my BMO account via the website or phone app with my password. I call BMO and they say the account was locked due to too many bad login attempts (caused by the Quicken app!). I am forced to reset my BMO password. (I get a phone notification when my BMO password is reset.) I update my password in Quicken and it can download my BMO transactions for a day. Then next week I repeat the process and I'm again forced to reset my BMO password. If I don't use Quicken, I don't have any issues. I'm convinced the problem is caused by using Quicken. Can you help me?

Comments

• jcsoper54
    Options

The problem is not Quicken, it is BMO. Our bank sold out to them and I am so frustrated that i am looking for a new bank. What banks work well with Quicken ?

• Carto2007
    Options

Totally agree, BMO is unreliable—changed to Wells Fargo, which seems to work fine.

This discussion has been closed.