Win11 new computer - and installed Quicken

Options
Jeanine Schmidt
Jeanine Schmidt Member ✭✭

Purchased a new laptop with Windows 11. My main concern that how it'd work with Quicken. I loaded it in and 'restored' the copy from my 'main' computer. Then I entered 1 transaction and restored it back to the 'main' computer. I went it and saw it; I was happy. I then deleted most of my backups on my 'main' computer and flash drive.

This morning I received an email about an approved medical payment and went into Quicken. IT WAS ALL MESSED UP. The only entries in my 'medical' account were auto pays…nothing else. I was frantic. I then restored my 'new' computer file back to my 'main' computer and all came back correctly. I am planning to return this 'new' computer unless I can figure out what happened and prevent it from happening again. Any ideas from anyone?

This just happened about 10 minutes ago and I'm frantic…I use Quicken Classic for EVERYTHING.

Thanks from, Jeanine, a 'frantic senior'

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just some clarification on the exact steps - how you copied the QDF file bak and forth -
    and lastly - which computer appears all messed up now ?
    —————————

Purchased a new laptop with Windows 11.
    My main concern how it'd work with Quicken.
    I loaded it in - [did you download a current Quicken from the website]
    and 'restored' the copy from my 'main' computer….
    [did you do a Backup - then how moved to new computer]
    Then I entered 1 transaction and restored it back to the 'main' computer.
    [did you do another Backup - how then moved back to old computer]
    I went in and saw it; I was happy. I then deleted most of my backups on my 'main' computer and flash drive. [WHY would you delete backups - different topic]

This morning I received an email about an approved medical payment and went into Quicken.
    IT WAS ALL MESSED UP.  - [on WHICH computer ?]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.