Category for closed account still appearing

Options

I have closed accounts (eg Xyz Bank) yet the categroy still shows as an option when entering transactions [Xyz Bank] how do i remove?

I have verified the Hide in Account Bar, Hide in Transaction Entery Lists and Keep this account separate all checked for the closed account

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't think you can remove it without actually deleting the account. About all you can do is rename the account to add a leading underscore or tilde or some such character that you never use, which will cause it to sort to the bottom of the list.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• philliesphan0880
    philliesphan0880 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thx Rocket J Squirrel
    My goal is to make the related category stop appearing as an option. There is no way that I can see to delete the category itself. (Also I didnt think you could edit the account name once it is closed. )

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't really make an account entry disappear from the Category List for as long as the account exists.

What you can do to make it less likely to mistakenly select a closed account as a category is to change the account name. Put a "zz-" or a "~"(Tilde character, works for Windows only) in front of the account name, e.g. "zz-Xyz Bank" or "~Xyz Bank". This will sort the account name in the Category selection list to the bottom of the list and acts as an eyecatcher, making it less likely to be picked by mistake.

• philliesphan0880
    Options

Unless I am mistaken, you cannot edit an account name once the account has been closed. Am I mistaken?

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, you are. 😉

Heck, you can even add and delete transactions in a closed account, strangely enough.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.