Suddenly I’m transported from my bank account screen to a drilldown on specific transactions

Options
Bdrake100
Bdrake100 Member ✭✭

The way I use quicken is that I download new transactions and then annotate them by whether they are EFTs and making sure the category of the transaction is correct so I can sort them at the end of the year. Today, I encountered time and again the incredibly frustrating experience of annotating and saving a transaction … and then ... all of a sudden finding myself on a screen populated only by transactions for a specific payee. And I could not figure out any way back. This happened again and again and I wasted several hours. What could I have done to trigger this? And if it is something I unwittingly did, how do I undo it?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might have clicked in the payee/description heading and got sorted by that column. Try clicking the Date column heading to sort by date. You can click on most of the column headings to sort by that column. And if you click it again it will reverse the sort.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Depending on what kind of popup screen you "were transported to", you could also have mistakenly clicked on this icon in the Payee Name field or the Category field of a transaction:

This brings up a mini popup showing how much you spent on this payee in the past xx months.

If that's not what you got yourself into … how about capturing a snapshot image and attaching it to your next comment, so that we can see what the problem is?

• Bdrake100
    Bdrake100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the responses. It wasn't a pop-up screen, it was the whole Quicken screen. I did try several things to get back to where I wanted to be, like clicking on the date icon, but it didn't work. I've just tried to be more careful to avoid this

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken has a Back button, but only if you show the Toolbar.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.