How to get a Net worth transaction account in balance with actual transaction account.

Options

In my Net Worth Report generated from Reports my IRA does not balance with my actual UBS IRA account.

,Why not? My investments, assets, liabilities and my checking accounts all balance down to the cents.

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future. And I wouldn't worry about small differences like under $10 due to rounding.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Bill Conyer
    Bill Conyer Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, the difference is over $20,000.00. Do you mean transactions in the account file or the report file. I find I can double click on an account in the Net Worth report and get a transaction file. If I double click the IRA (the out of balance item) I do not get a transaction file. The little wheel never quits turning, which makes me believe it is corrupted. There must be separate transaction files for the Net Worth report and the transaction file for the investment account. The investment account is in balance with the USB online balance.

If I could look and edit the Report transaction file I could attempt to reconcile with the account file

• Bill Conyer
    Bill Conyer Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem solved. Checked Net Worth security list with account security list and found one security in Net Worth report that was not in account list. Tracked transaction and found when security was sold it was recorded as transferred out instead of sold. I redid the transaction and am in balance.

Thanks for suggestions

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for letting us know you found it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.