Importing from .qfx file erratic account matching

Options
caram
caram Member ✭✭✭

It's been a few releases since I started noticing the following behavior, which I did not report earlier because it happened only occasionally, but this now seems to be getting worse.

When I import a .qfx file, QMac seems to forget the mapping between the accounts in the .qfx file and accounts in the Quicken file (at least for some of the accounts, and some of the time). This would not be such a big issue, if the usual dialog box that says: "Do you want to match account XXX with YYY?" did not replace XXX and YYY with apparently random accounts.

Since XXX and YYY seem to refer to the same account, as in the example below, I generally press "Yes", only to find out that the transactions have been imported into the wrong account.

For example, here's the prompt I got this morning. Since the account on the LHS and RHS did match, I pressed "Yes":

Only to find out that the transactions were imported into a different account that the one displayed in the dialog box. So I disconnected the account the transactions were imported into, and reimported the .qfx file, this time pressing "No" when the dialog appeared, so that the manual account mapping dialog would appear instead.

As you can see below, the account that was supposed to be "PEL 3" above was in fact "Credit Card BoursoBank" below.

Why did QMac pick "PEL 3" in the first place? Why on the 2nd run, after "PEL 3" was disconnected, did it display a different account? Why were the 1st and 2nd accounts different from the real account "BoursoBank"?

This discussion has been closed.