American Express Setup Online

Options
antonepc
antonepc Member ✭✭

I have two accounts with American Express - a Savings, and a Credit Card. When trying to Setup Online, Quicken can only see my Savings account and not my Credit Card.

Any suggestions as to how to get this resolved?

Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Amex uses different connections for banking vs credit cards. When you set up, I'm guessing you chose "American Express" from the "popular" FI list that first pops up. Try this: start setup again, but type "American Express" in the FI search box. You will see results for "American Express", "American Express - Banking" and a bunch of other options. Try choosing the first option, "American Express", and continue. See if this reveals your credit card account to be connected.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad it worked.

Answers

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options

Amex uses different connections for banking vs credit cards. When you set up, I'm guessing you chose "American Express" from the "popular" FI list that first pops up. Try this: start setup again, but type "American Express" in the FI search box. You will see results for "American Express", "American Express - Banking" and a bunch of other options. Try choosing the first option, "American Express", and continue. See if this reveals your credit card account to be connected.

• antonepc
    antonepc Member ✭✭
    Options

RickO, thank you very much! That worked and resolved the issue.

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options

Glad it worked.

This discussion has been closed.