Errors in last month's Reconcile--how to back it out and do it again?

Options
Bill.YEG
Bill.YEG Member

When reconciling my November chequing account using the bank statement, I missed a payment of 600.00 and a deposit also of 600.00. Now when I try to reconcile for December, Quicken shows the prior balance as -304.24 when it should be 295.76.

How do I fix November so I can carry on with December?

Can I back out of the November reconcile and do it again after adding the missing entries or is there a better way?

Thanks very much!!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Bill.YEG
    Bill.YEG Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, I think I'm partly wrong in my original question: There was no missing payment, only a missing deposit of 600.00. (If I add this missing 600.00 to the -304.24, I get 295.76!)

So maybe I just add the missing deposit of 600.00 and otherwise leave the November reconcile as it is, and do the December reconcile, accepting the negative PB??

Will try this in the morning.

Comments pro or con welcome! Thanks for reading! ..Bill..

Answers

• Bill.YEG
    Bill.YEG Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Actually, I think I'm partly wrong in my original question: There was no missing payment, only a missing deposit of 600.00. (If I add this missing 600.00 to the -304.24, I get 295.76!)

So maybe I just add the missing deposit of 600.00 and otherwise leave the November reconcile as it is, and do the December reconcile, accepting the negative PB??

Will try this in the morning.

Comments pro or con welcome! Thanks for reading! ..Bill..

This discussion has been closed.