Error Message "You have exceeded the maximum number of datasets."

Options
ExTechie
ExTechie Member

Even though my Quicken 2021 subscription expired quite some time ago, I just started receiving this error message on 01/03/24. My troubleshooting observations after suspecting a subscription-related problem are:

1. If I turn off internet access (toggle off WiFi) and then open my .QDF file in Quicken, the error message goes away and I can use Quicken as I normally would (without online access to financial institutions and without downloading transactions automatically, which never worked correctly anyway). I do all of my entries into Quicken manually.
  2. Further, the Subscription Expired banners at the top and right sides of the screen go away! What a relief!!

This tells me that this error is coming from the remote Quicken systems at the point where the client software connects to the server to check the subscription status.

To clarify an earlier post by someone else, this problem IS directly related to subscription status. To quote directly from the Quicken Support page:

"If your Quicken subscription has expired

This error will occur when a subscription has expired. To create a new dataset, you will need to renew your subscription. If you are trying to access an existing dataset, please contact Quicken Support."

There is no way that I am renewing my subscription to Quicken again. When my subscription was active, I reported 2 significant bugs to Quicken Support and they haven't fixed either of them in over 2 years.

This discussion has been closed.