PAYPAL Credit, Savings, Crypto NO DOWNLOADS (Again, Still)

Options
Bruce Rose
Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭

The long-standing Quicken -vs- PayPal download problem continues. Frustrating, isn't it?

I have a PayPal account that includes normal PayPal processing combined with the PayPal Crypto, the PayPal Credit and the PayPal Savings thru Synchrony Bank.

** The problem is that PayPal does not differentiate the download data stream into separate components. I want to be able to have separate PayPal Crypto, Credit and Savings accounts in Quicken. The combined PayPal download data set does not work for me. I have to manually update those separate accounts…

I sure hope Quicken is working on this…Does anyone have any suggestions for a work-around until Quicken and PayPal get their you know what squared away?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

—Bruce

Comments

• jwatsonx
    jwatsonx Member ✭✭
    Options

yes agreed this is a big pita. i had been synching w Paypal for years until some months back in 2023. Those suggesting fixes are not even close. This is not a problem with our installs, this is an issue between Quicken and PayPal. Someone changes something along the lines and broke the integration. what a pain and no answers in sight.

• jwatsonx
    jwatsonx Member ✭✭
    Options

I have payments on my paypal credit account and cannot sync it. sad that i will have to create the account manually and reconcile it manually when i had been doing all of that automatically for years. my biggest beef with quicken now is they may us subscribe with promises of included support. To be honest, in all the times ive ever contaced their support, there was only one time when someone was actually able to help me. All other times by the end of the call they were suggesting I create a new data file and start from scratch. Ive been using Quicken for about 30 years now, before likely any of the their tech support people were even born. Fix your product please.

• spedane2
    spedane2 Member
    Options

This has been going on since last year and I am so beyond frustrated! Tech support does not help and now multiple accounts have issues for these past 3 weeks they can't fix those either! THIS is why I'm switching to Quickbooks! Good-bye Quicken…..I would be patient if you were honest and told us there were bugs in the system you were working on and give us an ETA but your customer/tech support is the WORST and that's a deal breaker for me. Good luck to the rest of you!

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update:

I don't think it is wholly a Quicken problem. I think that PayPal/Synchrony are not actively working with Quicken to resolve the issue of separating the various types of accounts so that Quicken can process them to individual accounts that Quicken users may set up.

Perhaps Quicken could reach out to PayPal/Synchrony and stress just how many Quicken users would be thrilled with this improvement which may result more positive customer relations and recommendations for both PayPal and Synchrony.

Regards,

—Bruce

• mryan69
    mryan69 Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list of "it was working fine, but stopped working a few weeks ago" group.

Quicken - Any official word on this latest problem?

• Nunkat
    Nunkat Member ✭✭
    Options

Agreed, ever since whatever change that took place in 2023, I cannot get my downloads to work from paypal.

• cmumathwhiz
    cmumathwhiz Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Just happened to me again over the last few days where it stops downloading, won't even connect to my account. Then probably in a week or so it'll work again for a month or two, and then stop. I think with all the problems like this - the most frustrating part is we want reliability, but every day you have to figure out and keep track of what is working and what isn't.

• malgaze
    malgaze Member ✭✭
    Options

My experience is I've even been able to add the PayPal account to my Quicken Account List. It just doesn't recognize that I have a PayPal account, when I absolutely do.

This discussion has been closed.