Quicken Classic Windows 10 and Microsoft Patch QW27.1.53.16M

Options
Cardiac Kid
Cardiac Kid Member

Renewed Classic and was not able to log in…message said "waiting for cloud" when asked for Quicken ID. Support tried for a day, then gave up and had me install 2 Microsoft Patches. Now the main screen flashes for a millisecond then just gives File|Help. Cannot open any data files and cannot open Quicken.

Now on 3rd day of support calls. Quicken worked FINE just 20 minutes before paying and installing renewal program. Out 3 days work and $59.88 for the privilege of upgrading.

Tried delete/reinstall tried creating new windows user

HELP.

Thanks Dr. G

Comments

• Cardiac Kid
    Cardiac Kid Member
    Options

Microsoft patch seemed to clobber program from loading

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

No guarantee it will fix your issue but Windows 10 creates restore points as does Windows 11. It allows you to restore windows back to an earlier date. (like the date just before your issue came about).

This has helped me out several times over the years. I had to use it within the last week after a 5 hour session with Quicken Support where they left me with Quicken not opening at all.

Use at your own risk.

I use Windows 11 and type Create Restore Point in Windows search bar. It brings up choice to open Create a Restore Point (ControlPanel) and I click on that. You can create Restore Points there also.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Cardiac Kid
    Cardiac Kid Member
    Options

yes..tried that but "windows unable to restore"

cane use web verson at least.

This discussion has been closed.