Why are closed positions showing in INVESTING tab under Portfolio? All of a sudden, last few weeks.

aparicio.michael
aparicio.michael Quicken Windows Subscription Member
edited February 10 in Investing (Windows)

A few weeks ago, I started seeing CLOSED positions show up in the Portfolio view under INVESTING tab. I have it "Group by" Asset Class, but the problem replicates across all groupings and all formulations of views, both default and custom. I believe it started with the most recent update (R53.32). It's really annoying as I manually enter price values daily on a long list of non-public shares (i.e., not downloadable) and previously could just go down the line to enter quickly, but now I have to stop and wait for it to move to the next holding (and it's slooooowwwwww) to make sure the price is being entered into the correct holding. Maddening!

Things I've ruled out:

No, it's not the "Show closed lots" option, that was the first thing I ruled out. Checking that, BTW, adds in a handful more closed lots.

I've spot checked many of the "closed" lots, and no, there's no tiny amount remaining that would cause it to show up. Everything shows zero shares, and I even tried to "Update Share Balance" to zero and each time a message pops up stating "no adjustment required."

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the "ruled out" info.

Where I would go — I would review the transactions for a few of the problematic securities. Are all the transactions what they really should be? In particular, at any time were the shares in a short position or did you hold a short position? If you had (have) a short position, you need a CvrShort to close out that position. A short position and a like sized long position will report as 0 shares owned, even though you actually have two open positions.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins Quicken Windows 2017 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

How many securities are you manually entering prices for?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.