Enter a Valid Date on Windows Eleven with Quicken 1.2.53.32 SEE ADDENDUM

Options
lawrs21813
lawrs21813 Member ✭✭

I have used Portfolio Value Reports daily for YEARS.

1- Yesterday when entering custom dates (I get a report for each day the stock market is open) I started getting "ENTER A VALID DATE" errors. You can't progress from this error.

*** Reading the internet, Quicken had this problem for a LONG time in 2021 & 2022. Then in early 2023, someone reported that the problem seemed cured by a new version of Quicken. I'm here to report that the problem is back and I know of no solution.

2- I did a Super Validation using Ctrl+Shift+Validate, although I did not get to "select" Super Valdidation as some comments relate. Validation just ran without saying it was super —> and found no errors except POSSIBLE stock-split errors

3- I downloaded a fresh copy of Quicken 1.27.53.32 and reinstalled.

Still I get the same error.

4- Also if looking at custom dates it will say Mon 01 01 0001. Just lovely.

I know of know way to get to 2024 quickly, as if that would make a difference.

5- If you choose Month to Date, Year To Date, Last Year to 12/31, you get what look like valid report. But I use daily reports to scan for trends and I up to now haven't had to do a daily report every day just to get daily values .

6- Also, what happened to that new Excel format file that Quicken was putting out for PVR, Portfolio Value Reports? Where is that located?

7- Does anyone at Quicken .Corp look at these Community queries? I have a list of about 25 simple items that would improve PRODUCTIVITY for each of all the millions of Quicken users.

A frustrated user of 23 years duration.

ADDENDUM:

I took my file back to Windows 10 and it seems to work just fine.

This seems to be something about the interaction between Quicken and Windows 11

Any advice regarding a cure much appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.