PNC Bank reauthorization corrupts QDF file

Options
kbmoose1
kbmoose1 Member
  1. Quicken would not run one step update unless I 'reauthorized PNC'. CC802, Cancel or Continue. I continued.

2. I reauthorized, and ran an update. All of my accounts were suddenly way out of balance. I have accounts in Quicken from Citi, Chase, Discover, Syncrony, Wells Fargo, and others. Their data was corrupted when PNC was reauthorized.

3. I restored and all was well. Now I'm back to Quicken won't update unless I reauthorize PNC.

4. I do steps 2 and 3 again. Same results. So I remove online update from my PNC accounts.

5. I restore and all is well. Run a one step update, the other accounts are all fine.

6. I call Quicken Support and after a 30 minute wait, get a (somewhat) live body. He was obsessed with telling me the restore caused the problem, while the restore was only done because of the problem. I finally gave up trying to get him to understand and told him I was running OK.

7. I am running OK - only with PNC being a manual update. I think Quicken has a problem which needs to be fixed. This actually First happened several months ago, and I used manual update until yesterday - when it wouldn't let me update without fixing the 'CC802'.

Should I just leave PNC as manual and forget it?

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you reauthorized and ran an update, was the update only for PNC or was the update for all of your financial institutions?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.