Scheduled one step update not running

Options

I recently setup scheduled updates to run one step updates at night. I have been doing it manually and that works fine, but the scheduled updates never run. I have it setup to run every day at 5:00 AM. I have Windows 10 (ver 22H2 build 19045.4046) and Quicken Classic Deluxe R54.16 build 27.1.54.16.

In the schedule dialog box for the password, I selected "At Windows Startup". I've rebooted my computer since setting this up, but that didn't help.

Tagged:

Comments

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. I even uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not running. I have password selected at Windows Startup.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is your PC in sleep mode at 5AM? If so, the update agent will not run.

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Options

My computer is set to never sleep.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20
    Options

I'll assume you are signing into the Quicken dialog when you reboot your PC. I would suggest changing the time. I believe 5:00AM is too early and if nothing gets pulled in from the download, there is no error message. I would set to 8:00AM as a test to see if you get a better result.

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken is running. I did a test today at 8:00 AM and it did not run.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ah, you are providing more clues. You cannot have Quicken open to use the schedule update feature. Quicken must be closed.

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Options

okay. That's counter-intuitive.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why? The idea is to have the downloads take place prior you opening Quicken. I wasn't going to mention it before, but Quicken is one app you should never leave open lingering in the background. It's database structure is too susceptible to corruption.

• ScottG216
    ScottG216 Member ✭✭
    Options

The download worked with Quicken closed. Thanks for the db corruption tip, I won't leave Quicken open when I'm not using it.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Found my problem - somehow the accounts that I had scheduled all got cleared! I didn't clear them in the scheduled update, but once I saw this and selected the accounts all worked.

This discussion has been closed.