Wells Fargo not updating

Options
TomSHEB
TomSHEB Member ✭✭

I am unable to do an update of my Wells Fargo account. I've tried everything. I am able to login in to WF and do a manual download of transactions in the QFX file format. I see this was an issue in January 2024. I could not find a solution. What's the status of a fix?

Answers

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@TomSHEB what type of account is it? How many accounts do you have with Wells Fargo? When you try to connect, what error messages do you get? Do you also get any error codes?

If you go into your Account List, what does it say under "Transaction Download" and "Last Download"?

• TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options
    1. Credit card.
    2. One account
    3. Attaching various screen shots through the process. I do now notice I can hit the update transaction and it will take me to Wells Fargo and I can download transaction in the QFX format so I can import them manually. So I have a work around. I also can't add it to my One Step Update list of accounts. It doesn't show up as an option.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it. Please let me know if you need any more info.

[Edited - Removed Personal Information From 2nd And From Last Screenshot]

• TomSHEB
    TomSHEB Member ✭✭
    Options

I think I solved the problem.. I went to Add Account and started the process all over again with Wells Fargo. It went through the normal Wells Fargo authorization process on their web site, and then I was able to link it to my exciting account on Quicken. I now see it shows up on the One Step Update list. It appears to be working normally now.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

@TomSHEB that is great news! Glad it's working now. If you have any issues with the online connections down the road, please circle back.

• Scotsman
    Scotsman Member ✭✭
    Options

This is similar to the issue I am having now (one WF account is linked to EWC+ while other is linked to EWC). I will try this approach and see if it works.

• TwoKatz
    TwoKatz Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue - all my WFA accounts are not updating at all. This is what I tried:

• Initial connection. All accounts showed up with zero balance and zero transactions
    • Downloaded QFX file and attempted to import. Import does nothing.
    • Reset account. Attempted connection/update. Nothing changed.
    • Deleted all accounts. Attempted to create account with the QFX file. Zero balances, zero transactions.
    • Deleted all accounts again and tried to connect again, per TomSHEB's experience above. Zero balances, Zero transactions.

I just purchased Quicken (Windows/desktop) (again, after a few years break) and am pretty disappointed right now that I did. I see that this isn't the first time the connection to WFA hasn't worked in trying to find a solution. Any other suggestions as to what I might try?

• TwoKatz
    TwoKatz Member
    Options

Problem solved - user "error". Not really an error, but it took some digging into WFA documentation/help to find out that there is a 2-day waiting period after registering for Quicken access before you can get account details.