Receiving American Express E-bills

Options

I'm on Windows and my release is R54.16.

I have multiple American Express accounts and have no problems downloading transactions. However, I'm not receiving my monthly bills and invoices. I've tried unlinking my reminders and relinking them to American Express, but still can't receive bills and invoices.

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone fixed it?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is what I do, instead of hoping for the Quicken Bill Manager and AmEx to play well together:
    Let AmEx send you a monthly email reminder when your statement is due.
    When you receive it, logon to their website and download the statement PDF.
    Also authorize them to direct debit (aka PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, etc.) the next and all future
    payments from your checking account. The biller's computer system will do all the work for you to make an electronic debit on the due date and you don't have to worry about being late.

In Quicken unlink the bill and just record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an
    online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transactions. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.

• Steven Miller
    Steven Miller Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

UKR,

Thanks!

• PCT
    PCT Member
    Options

UKR, thx for the workaround, but sheez, I don't subscribe to Quicken to keep coming up with workarounds! I hope someone on their team sees this and addresses this ongoing problem with downloading AMEX bills!