Budgets have all disappeared

Options

This morning all my budgets are gone and I am being prompted to create a new one. This will obviously be very painful.

Given that budgeting is the primary purpose of Quicken this is a big problem. Googling seems to show that this is a historically common problem with no easy solutions. wtf.

There was a recent update. Any chance that is what caused the problem and there will be a new update to fix it?

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• mastruck
    mastruck Member
    Options

I called tech support and they told me this was the first they have heard of such a problem. No useful solutions.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you have a crash or other unexpected event on your computer, including Windows installing Updates and rebooting the PC while Quicken was running?

I hope you had Quicken create a backup as part of you shutting down Quicken when you were done working with it yesterday.
    To solve your problem I suggest you restore the most recent backup of your Quicken data file. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• mastruck
    mastruck Member
    Options

i tried the backup. not there

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How old was the backup?
    And have you tried an older one, from the day before?

Have you recently updated your Quicken software to a new release? Of so, which one are you now running? (Help / About Quicken)

• mastruck
    mastruck Member
    Options

I was able to use an older backup to get it back. Thank you!

Yes, the problem seemed to coincide with a new update of the Quicken Software.

• Doug13
    Doug13 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem, but this the extent of the troubleshooting I am willing to do, as this feature has worked for (how long? decades?) without intervention from me. Reports show budget amounts like 0, 125, or whatever, clearly not a real value determined by me or the actual spending. Budget is not in the tools menu. I suspect this is a "feature" of the base classic, vanilla, windows version.