Account Reports (Q Mac)

Options
epac12
epac12 Member
edited March 29 in Reports (Mac)

It seems most of the reports that I'm able to make is around the transactions. I think it would be great to have a report/dashboard to dive deeper into the sum of the transactions. For example, I'd like to see a report of my total savings (across multiple accounts), total investments. These are the ingredients to net worth and I think it would be helpful for others to watch those items.

Anyone have an ideas how to make a report for Total Savings or Total Investment over time?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's very easy to do. Start by creating a new Net Worth report. Then click the Edit button. In the Accounts tab, click Selected Accounts and select only Savings accounts or Investment accounts. Save each as a custom report with an appropriate name.

On the Home page Dashboard Net Worth card, you can do the same thing. Click the three dot (…) button and under Accounts, choose a group of accounts. Here, however, it will only remember on account subset, so you'll have to manually change it if you want to see Investments vs Savings, etc. Also, you'll need to remember how you set it up because there's no way to change the label of the card.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's very easy to do. Start by creating a new Net Worth report. Then click the Edit button. In the Accounts tab, click Selected Accounts and select only Savings accounts or Investment accounts. Save each as a custom report with an appropriate name.

On the Home page Dashboard Net Worth card, you can do the same thing. Click the three dot (…) button and under Accounts, choose a group of accounts. Here, however, it will only remember on account subset, so you'll have to manually change it if you want to see Investments vs Savings, etc. Also, you'll need to remember how you set it up because there's no way to change the label of the card.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • epac12
    epac12 Member
    Options

thank you Rick!