How to fix an unmatched Mutual Fund with no CUSIP

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭

I purchased shares in a mutual fund about 3 weeks ago. Its been updating quotes fine, but yesterday I got a dialog telling me that the broker is reporting 100 shares while there are none in Quicken but Quicken has 100 shares of the same symbol with a slightly different name. I attempted to add the broker version of the fund with the "Add Security" function, but it only brings up the version already in Quicken

I checked the security list and I see that the Quicken fund has no CUSIP. I'm assuming that's because for some reason (might have been my error, don't know), there was no match made when the broker sent down the initial buy transaction. I've read several posts that say unclicking the "matched with online security" box in the fund record should force a rematch. Problem is that box is unchecked and greyed out, so I can't do it.

If I delete the transactions associated with the fund (there's only one at the moment) and then delete the security record, will the next download from the broker again attempt to match? If not, any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.