Balance report

Options
brpillows
brpillows Member ✭✭

Is there a way to create a report showing a group of accounts with total balances over time. For example the last 5 years by half or full year intervals. I was able too do this in the Windows version

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 6
    Options

You can customize any of the Net Worth reports to only include a specific group of accounts, just hit the Edit button and go to the Accounts tab. And any of them can be customized to show increments by year or half-year using the Interval drop-down.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• brpillows
    brpillows Member ✭✭
    Options

I am sorry, I left out one component. I wanted to include a graph with this

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Your options are much more limited there. You can customize which accounts are displayed on the investing portfolio charts by command-clicking on the list in the accounts pulldown; I don't know any way to get something like that for non-investing accounts. Other than that, I think you'd have to export the report to a spreadsheet & make a chart there.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

If you look at the Net Worth card on the Home screen, you can click the three dot icon and set which accounts are included and set it to 5 years. It will give you a graph at one-year intervals. Half year is not available on this chart.

The Net Worth Over Time report will allow you to set which accounts are included and if you set a custom timeframe of 5 years, it will give you a monthly chart. Again, you can't control the time interval. Other than Jon's suggestion of exporting a Net Worth report and using a spreadsheet app, that's about it.

One caution on Net Worth Over Time: this is an old deprecated report that's no longer being updated or checked for accuracy. So if you use it, I'd spot check it against the regular Net Worth report to make sure it's accurate.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s