CC-800 error with Multiple accounts

Options
jasonpbyu
jasonpbyu Member ✭✭

I ran my one step update and it was giving me errors with Chase. I tried to reset the account and it was failing. I restored from backup which was made right before the one step update. Not it says my Chase account is deleted and it wont let me add it back (I see the known issue with chase right now), but It is giving me this error for Marcus by GS, AllyBank and Chase. I go to "Fix it" and input my username and password and it goes through like it normally would, but then gives me this error again.

What do I need to to do get them fixed?

Tagged:

Comments

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

Just updated to the latest version today and still getting these errors. Isn't there support people in this community?

Marcus finds my two accounts, shows them already linked in quicken, says success the account is linked and the issue shouldn't happen again; but then on the next update it gives me this same error.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

After 2 less than stellar chats with support, I decided to just recreate the accounts. I deactivated the old ones, removed financial name and account #, changed their names, etc. Started from scratch with the new account (Only working on Marcus by GS right now). It succesfully downloaded the transactions to get me up to date. However yet again, when I do a one step update I get this error.

Do I need to call in for support since chat was less than helpful?

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 25
    Options

@jasonpbyu - the only way I have found to successfully (and permanently) resolve the CC-800 error is to deactivate ALL accounts using EWC or EWC+, regardless of if they have an error or not. Then, reactivate them.

I have found that if you only deactivate and reactivate accounts with the CC-800 error, the error will keep reappearing. They will also keep reappearing if you deactivate and reactivate the accounts one at a time. You need to make sure to deactivate ALL EWC and/or EWC+ accounts first before you start reactivating them.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem here is I did a copy of the data as they out requested in chat, this automatically deactivated 100% of my accounts. I added the connection to one of the problem accounts and it started giving the error again.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jasonpbyu I think you need to activate ALL your accounts before doing an OSU or "Update Now" on any of the accounts. If you try to fix any account individually before reactivating all accounts, the CC-800 error will come back.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

that doesnt make sense. even by deleting, adding back with a new name, it still says there are deleted accounts. I'll try that this weekend in my copy file and see if it works.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited April 26
    Options

@jasonpbyu - here are some steps I provided another user. The key is to deactivate all accounts with EWC and EWC+ before reactivating any account. The "File Copy" process is another way ensures that all accounts are deactivated before reactivating.

First do a Validate and Super Validate on your current data file:

Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Click Validate and Repair File...
    3. ChecK Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Super Validate:

1. Go to File in Menu Bar
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Check Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log

Then create a new data file. All of your accounts will be disconnected from online services in the new file and will need to be reconnected again.

This "File Copy" process will clear all connections and give you a "fresh start".

1. Make a backup of your data file.
    2. Click on File→Copy or Backup file.
    3. Choose "Create a copy or template", and then click "Next".
    4. On the next screen, leave all the defaults "as-is". Make a note of the copied data file name and location. Change the file name if you wish.
    5. After File Copy is done you will have a choice of going into the copied file or the original file. Choose the copied file.
    6. Go the Account List, then "Activate" your accounts by clicking on "Add Account" at the bottom of the Account List window. The accounts will be activated by each financial institution, so you might not need go into each account.
    7. Go through the activation process, entering your user ID and password. When it comes to the "Add Account" screen where it lists all accounts, carefully link each account to the existing account on Quicken. It is critical that you double check every connection, even if the accounts are already linked. If any of your accounts use EWC+, there will be some additional authentication steps before you get to this screen on Quicken.
    8. After you have activated all your accounts, close and reopen Quicken, and then try an OSU again. If you get any errors, go to the account register and do an "Update Now", and then try an OSU again.

Please note that you can also reactivate your accounts by going into the "Online Services" tab in Account Details, but some users have found that that that doesn't always work for accounts using EWC+ that requires authentication from the financial institution.

Give these steps a try and see if it resolves your issues. Please let me know if you have any questions.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

i'll give that a try this weekend or early next week and see if i can get through that error. thanks for the detailed instructions.

One thing they had me do in support chat (is this necessary?) is after deactivating things, go into account details and remove the financial institution name and the account #.

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jasonpbyu - Since you don't have an issue with your sign on or password, it is not necessary to do that, but it doesn't hurt. It just forces you to start the activation process from "scratch". By leaving the FI Name and Password in place it saves you from some extra steps in the reactivation process.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok I did all the instructions above. After having them all linked I went through one by one and did an "update now" just to make sure.

Ran One Step update and it didn't error out.

What a hassle. Thanks for the step by step!

• QuickUserPSP
    edited April 27
    Options

@jasonpbyu - glad it worked. That procedure I created always works for me 100% of the time. The one thing you can do that will shorten the process is to just deactivate all the EWC and EWC+ accounts rather than do a "Copy File". The key is that all accounts need to be deactivated first, and after all of them are deactivated, you then can start reactivating them.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

@QuickUserPSP Something bizarre now, any idea how to fix before i start another discussion? When I put in a payee, it is not auto filling the category. I thought perhaps with the validations we did that i need to just select a vendor and payee again and it would do it. So for testing I put in "sonic" and coded to fast food. then i put in sonic again and it came in with a blank category. Do I need to toggle a setting somewhere?

• QuickUserPSP
    Options

@jasonpbyu - normally the category is saved in your Memorized Payee List and there are settings in Preferences that control how the memorized payee is used. There are several options that can be used based on what the user prefers, but I think the "Recall memorized payees" is a key one that needs to be checked.

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options

yep i just found that through google in another thread. must have turned it off with our various reset processes. thanks again!