One Step Update not working this morning 5/14/24 on Windows 11

13»

Answers

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    edited May 23

I deactivated one account (Citi), closed and restarted QW and tried to restart online services. I get an error on sign in that there is a timeout or connect error and to "select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser". Clicking that just loops back to the same error.

Why is no one from Quicken on this thread? Makes me wonder if they acknowledge this as a known issue.

• RalphC
    RalphC Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I did not and am not experiencing any issues with OSU, so it's not a Quicken issue.

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭
    edited May 23

One Step update is not downloading only on a few accounts, not all. It was not happening AT ALL until yesterday. Sounds like it's a roving issue just waiting to happen to anyone. My attempt to fix one account hit a dead end when sign in quit working

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Same issue. I refreshed my "token" and no longer an issue. After backing up my file, I performed these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

• brewder
    brewder Member ✭✭✭

This would explain why when I moved to a brand-new computer the issue went away for me….. new computer = new install of Quicken = signing into my account again to refresh their "token".

Perhaps we all don't have "corrupt operating systems" afterall! :P

• D.W.
    D.W. Member ✭✭

Yep, signing out and back in again did the trick. Thanks!

• retird
    retird Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Yep, I always hesitate when someone makes a blanket statement about "corrupt operating system" without actually troubleshooting that specific computer (or saying you have a bad router, poor internet connection, sub-par graphics card,…and etc). ☺️

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

Drives me crazy that Quicken cannot detect this issue and force a re-authentication.