Recurring Reminders - 2nd Wednesday of the month (edit)

Alex'sMom
Alex'sMom Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I set up a recurring reminder for SS deposit that occurs second Wednesay of every month. It is properly set up, but Quicken stupidly thinks the second Wednesday of a month is the same as the Wednesday that occurs in the second week of a month. So my entry hit today, which is the FIRST Wednesday of June, albeit within what is the second week of the month. That is very poor programming. I have never had that type of issue in any other program with recurring items. Anyone know any way around it? I figure not a big deal, as second Wednesday will fall in second week majority of the time, but it really threw me this morning.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

does your Reminder look like this -

• Alex'sMom
    edited June 5

My reminder looks exactly like that.

• Ps56k2
    edited June 5

just tried it - on R54.16 -
    changed to 2nd Wednesday as above - closed Quicken - Opened -
    and it was properly showing the June 12th vs the June 5th -

what version…. Help —> About Quicken

• Alex'sMom

Thanks. All I know is it populated to my register this morning, June 5th, and as you can see, thinks it is done and next one not needed until July 10.

Appreciate your attempts to help though.

As for your inquiry on version:

• Alex'sMom

And when I check for updates, it tellsme I have latest version.

• Alex'sMom

I figured it out! There is a setting for remind me X number of days ahead, and it was for some reason set to 7 days ahead. Mystery solved. Fixed. THANK YOU for your help. It is not a glitch; just a related setting within the reminder that was set incorrectly.

• Ps56k2
  • Ps56k2

I have my Reminders set for anywhere from 3 to 30 days - to show in Register -
    For me - all depends on the lead time for a payment, if ACH, or paper, or some "charity event" that I plan for on an annual basis -

This discussion has been closed.