How to add Calendar Notes to Alerts

All of a sudden my Calendar Notes do not show up in Alerts. How can I get them back in Alerts?

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5

haven't seen this concept -  Calendar Notes do not show up in Alerts.

Help us to understand what exactly you are referencing -
    as I don't see anything relating to Calendar in the ALERTS SETUP ?

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

That I exactly my point. Calendar Notes were previously shown in Alerts as recently as last week.

• Ps56k2
    edited June 5

where or how is MY question -
    as I'm running QWin R54.16 -
    and would like you to point me to these "Calendar Notes" you are mentioning - as I have not heard of them ?
    and then - how were they "linked" to the Alerts Show All section… or something else ?

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

I know I'm having a hard time explaining myself and I appreciate your responses. On any Quicken calendar day, you can add a note such as an upcoming doctor's appointment or someone's birthday. These are what I call Calendar Notes. If you pull up the calendar from the calendar icon, you will see an item that says Add Note. These are the notes I am talking about that used to show up in the alerts section on the upper left-hand corner of the Home Page. I had never seen the Alerts Center screen print that you show above until today, so I don't know if anything has recently changed there. I do not know how the notes were previously linked to the alerts. I only know they were there, because I used the alerts to let me know what was coming up in the next seven days.

• Ps56k2

oh neat - never noticed or used that feature - tnx

• Ps56k2

These are the notes I am talking about that used to show up in the alerts section on the upper left-hand corner of the Home Page. 

ok - next…. will have to find out about these "upper left corner alerts" - as I don't see that -

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

On my screen, the alerts are just to the right of the account section. I notice your screen print is Quicken Classic Business. I don't know if it makes any difference, but mine is not the business edition.

• QuickUserPSP
    QuickUserPSP Member, Windows Beta Beta

@Anthony leone I just did a test note using the calendar and it does show up in the Alerts section of the Home Page.

Here it is in the Alerts section on the Home Page -

Have you maybe changed any of the settings lately?

• QuickUserPSP

@Anthony leone if I click on "Set Up Alerts", this is what I see -

Are your settings the same?

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

I'm glad you were able to do the test note. I haven't changed any settings lately. I did just change the alert reminders as you show above, but it did not work to pull up my notes. Now that I know your notes appeared on the alert list, I am really at a loss.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited June 5

@Anthony leone I did some playing around with the notes, and the only time the note didn't show up on the reminder list is when I did a backdated note. The notes I did for 6/5/24 and 6/6/24 showed up on the reminder list, but the one I did for 6/4/24 did not.

[Edited - inadvertently wrote "calendar" instead of "reminder"]

• Ps56k2
    edited June 5

still not sure where you are seeing this - on the HOME SCREEN -

ahhhh - the - View —> Customize Toolbar —> Alerts —
    is that what you are seeing - the toolbar icon to get to Show Alerts ?

• QuickUserPSP
    edited June 5

@Ps56k2 the calendar is accessed by the Calendar icon on the Tool Bar, or through the "Classic View" calendar on the Home Page.

The Alerts is an option on the "Classic View" page customization.

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

My home screen is the Home Page to the right of Dashboard My Money

• QuickUserPSP

Both tab names are customizable, so the names can be different depending on what the user chooses. I renamed my Home Page tab to "Classic view".

@Anthony leone I just thought of something else. Have you tried closing and restarting Quicken after you made the Alerts changes?

• QuickUserPSP

@Ps56k2 the calendar is a customization option on the Tool Bar.

• Ps56k2
    edited June 5

@quickuserpsp yeah - I discovered all the new little Quicken tidbits -
    as I screen grabbed and posted images above -

just added ALERTS to my default Home Screen - to see if anything shows up that does not Pop UP -

• QuickUserPSP

@Ps56k2 yes having multiple options is both a good and bad feature of Quicken, especially when you are trying to help another user with an issue.

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

I did try to close and open Quicken but there was no change. I appreciate your help but I'm going to be unavailable until tomorrow. If i'm reading your screen print correctly., the calendar notes disappeared.

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

FYI. my Quicken file goes back to 1993, so I have been using it for a long time. However, I am not at all a computer expert, so some things are difficult for me.

• QuickUserPSP
    edited June 5

@Anthony leone the calendar notes did not disappear. They are still showing for me. @Ps56k2 is also sharing screen prints as well, and they are not on there.

No worries. Quicken gets "funky" sometimes and your issue is perplexing to me. Maybe @Ps56k2 would be able to discover why your notes don't show up on the calendar. But, I will continue to look at it as well.

• Anthony leone
    Anthony leone Member ✭✭

I just wanted you to know that my notes are now working in the alerts. I don't know how or why, but glad that it is now working ok.. Thank you so much for your help

• QuickUserPSP

@Anthony leone I am glad it's working now, and you are very welcome.

This discussion has been closed.