I use Quicken 2017 and wish to upgrade to current Quicken on my new computer (edit)

wbdurham
wbdurham Quicken Windows 2017 Unconfirmed, Member

I downloaded the new version and attempted to import my data from a back up of the 2017 data. All the data did not restore. I appears that I did not get a complete back up onto the thump drive. tried backing up and restoring from Dropbox. Same result. How to I get the data from my old computer to the new computer?

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl Quicken Windows Other SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Just copy the single data file ending in .qdf to the new computer and put it in your Documents folder. Then just OPEN it in ghe new program. You don't need to import anything or convert it.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13

- just COPY the old Quicken QDF file - a single file - from the old computer onto the new computer -

Have you already purchased, downloaded, and installed the current subscription version of Quicken - ?

If so - then just OPEN that QDF file on the new computer with the new Quicken -

BTW - I found that Deluxe was just fine for most of my investments and tax info -
    The Premiere version just adds a few more reporting details…. same exact data file -

This discussion has been closed.