Scheduled Transactions Duplicated in Register (Q Mac)

A few days ago, it was time to pay some monthly credit card bills. I have them scheduled so I don't forget about them, but I initiate the payments out of my checking directly at the websites of the cards. I had some scheduled for the 15th and some for the 16th. I paid them all on the 15th. I marked the transactions as paid and did not give it a second thought. I think I quit Quicken for Mac after that. Later, I went back to Quicken for some reason and was surprised to see my bank account show in the red after a July 1 payment. After a brief panic, I found that three of the credit card payments were duplicated. Two of them had been scheduled for the 15th and one for the 16th. Two other payments I had made that day had not been duplicated. I did not think to make a screenshot. I am on an iMac running Ventura 13.6.7. This occurred well after the most recent Quicken update: Version 7.7.1 (Build 707.53346.100).

Has anyone else had this experience?

Comments

• jobworker
    jobworker Quicken Mac Subscription Mac Beta Beta

I have also found, that on occasions I will receive a downloaded non matching transaction but that actually should have matched. This, I have experienced recently where the date set for the payment/receipt should have happened, did not match with the downloaded transactions date, usually because of week-end interference. Only once, recently, did I have a transaction that did not match and I could find no differences between the downloaded and the resident transactions.

• Thanks job worker and RickO. Yes, that is probably what happened. I just didn't notice the duplicates when I marked the downloads as reviewed. Yes, I know about merging downloaded transactions with other transactions. I think the number of transactions, combined with being distracted by the negative bank balance (which I never do), caused some temporary befuddlement. Definitely a senior moment.

• stms
    stms Member

I am having the same issue, but they will not match when I attempt to drag on top of the other?

• jgleigh
    jgleigh Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I am seeing this too, but it has nothing to do with matching. When looking at the Bills & Income Activity tab, it will show the correct transaction as Paid Directly and the duplicate transaction as Transfer. Not sure exactly when this started happening, but seems like it was within the last few months.

This discussion has been closed.