Citigroup vs Chrysler stock symbol C

techheads
techheads Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited August 6 in Investing (Windows)

Hello all

I'm trying to add a recent purchase of Citigroup stock and Quicken sees it as Chrysler based upon some old Chrysler trades using the same the symbol "C"

How do I handle this name/company change without affecting the historical trades of Chrysler?

Best Answer

• q_lurker
    q_lurker Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Change the ticker for the old Chrysler stock. I would do something like C(old) that would never be a real ticker. I would take the options to transfer the old prices to the new ticker and to delete the previous prices associated with C. If you have newer Citigroup prices appended onto the older Chrysler price history, delete those later prices.

Once you have Chrysler squared away, you can properly assign the ticker C to Citigroup and update those prices as needed.

Answers

• q_lurker
    Answer ✓

Change the ticker for the old Chrysler stock. I would do something like C(old) that would never be a real ticker. I would take the options to transfer the old prices to the new ticker and to delete the previous prices associated with C. If you have newer Citigroup prices appended onto the older Chrysler price history, delete those later prices.

Once you have Chrysler squared away, you can properly assign the ticker C to Citigroup and update those prices as needed.

• techheads
    techheads Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Perfect!

Thanks very much for the reply…

• q_lurker

You might consider now hiding the Chrysler security to slightly simplify the security pull-down selection presentation.

This discussion has been closed.