Quicken website renewal page charges us dollar rate

Hitest
Hitest Quicken Canada Subscription Member
edited September 12 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

[Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]

Comments

• Hitest

I just wasted 2 hours on something that should have taken 5 minutes. Why? I needed to renew my quicken account and your link to do this presented a red circle over the continue button that wouldn't let me continue. I finally had to call in to support. The agent’s first theory was that I needed to try a different browser, (I was using chrome), so I switched to firefox. It did allow the sign in but then brought up the US quicken site which renewals are priced in US$. The agent provided a link to a quicken Canada site. I tried this but it brought up the same US$ pricing. Next theory, I needed to shut off VPN, quicken can’t work thru VPN apparently, I shut this off and tried the quicken Canada link again. It showed a price of $43.88, but didn't specify the currency. When I clicked on the confirm link it immediately charged my paypal link US$47.88 which converted to CAD$ 68.58. The agent refunded this and after mutually deciding your website was flawed he processed the transaction manually and I was charge CAD$53.88, which is probably correct. Your website is a real gong show and I go through this every year I renew, I would have thought by now you would have fixed it. I can’t even log into the quicken website using chrome I need to use firefox, whether I use vpn or not. I don't blame the agent, he was doing the best he could, the problem is with your lwebsite developers, but for all I know this could be a deliberate attempt to fleece your customer for more money than the renewal should actually cost them

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

There do seem to be many long running, persistent issues with managing one's subscription from Canada. If I look at my subscription from within Quicken, I get a blank screen. I get a similar blank screen when I log into Quicken.com:

I have to manually go the URL: quicken.com/canada and then sign in and then I can see my subscription. I can't get to the Canadian Quicken webpage either from Quicken or from a Google search. The only way I can get there is know that I need to manually type in the URL Quicken.com/Canada. So, yes, I would agree this is a mess and it has been a mess for years. I would have thought if for no other reason, Quicken would address this so that it doesn't drive so many tech support calls and so many rants posted here in the Community.

If I do use the manual URL method, I can then finally get to this:

Bottom line: it shouldn't be so difficult.

BTW, I don't use a VPN whatsoever with this computer, so VPN cannot be what is causing this to be difficult for me. Furthermore, I used Chrome browser for all of the above. I don't believe that it is a browser issue at all - that is a smokescreen.

• Hitest

Agreed, I too have to type in the URL manually and login, but that's just the start of the problems. I seem to go through this every year when I try and renew. It's just easier to phone in a renewal, and probably faster, considering all the problems trying to renew on the website. Something that should take 5 minutes winds up consuming hours of my time and their call centre agents time, and my time and everyone's time for that matter, is valuable. If Quicken were a startup conmpany and new to operating in Canada or other countries, I would undertsand, but this has been going on for years. I tried Mozilla firefox and Chrome browser, I tried with and without a VPN connection. Same problem every time.

This discussion has been closed.