Citibank account type is wrong during re-authorization

dc_350
dc_350 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Quicken Windows, Version R58.9, Build 27.1.58.9

Was asked to re-authorize my Citibank credit card and savings account. I get a confirmation that the authorization worked on Citi's website. I then get redirected back to Quicken, but can't link to the exiting account because the account type is wrong.

Here are the account details for the CC account. Note that says Account type: Credit

But here is screen to link to my existing account. Note that it says the account type is Savings. The drop down box for Link to existing gives me a list of all my savings accounts, not the credit accounts.

Is there any way to solve this issue short of deleting the account and starting over? The account has over 10 years of history…

Comments

• Citibankissues
    Citibankissues Quicken Windows Subscription Member

similar issues today. Every other bank works seamlessly but Citibank. Infuriating.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18

At first glance I'd say that you need to deactivate all your Citibank accounts, both credit card and savings, before you can reauthorize successfully.
    After deactivating both accounts restart Quicken and then use the Tools / Add Account process to reactivate your Citibank accounts. When you get to the Activate panel that you showed above, it should now contain both accounts. And, if all works well, it should "Link to existing" and refer to the correct Nickname in Quicken. If it doesn't, click the "Link to existing" button and, on a mini-popup, select the correct register name for your accounts. Repeat for the other account to make sure it's linked correctly, too.

• dc_350
    edited August 18

The accounts can't be deactivated since I never completed the online setup. I didn't want however many CC transactions to be downloaded into my savings account register. Only option I have is to delete the account…and that would be the last option in my mind…I'd lose 10 years of history.

• dc_350

Let me explain the whole process here…might help.

My 2 Citi accounts, a checking and savings accounts, have been set up for online access for years. Last week during the One Step Update I got an error message after the download (I download transactions daily from 8 different institutions) stating that I needed to re-authorize my Citi accounts. Had a button to start that process. I would enter my username and password and it would open a window in my browser…but it was totally blank. The tab had "Citibank Consent" as it's title but it would not go past that blank page. A lot of other users had the same problem. That apparently got rectified as when I tried it again this morning the login worked and brought up a page with my 2 accounts listed. I checked the box next to each account and then the "Submit" button. That indicated that I had authorized Quicken to access my Citi bank information and sent me an email confirmation. It then redirected back to Quicken and the "Activate One Step Update" dialog box opened (as pictured above). That where the whole disconnect started as Quicken identified my card account as a savings account. The link to existing dialog only listed my savings accounts, not the credit card accounts. So I am stuck not being able to update those 2 Citi accounts. The Online Services tab only gives a Set up Now button which simply starts the whole process over again.

Frustrating…

• dc_350

Problem solved. I noticed when trying again to re-authorize and link the accounts that Quicken had the same account number for both the savings and credit card accounts. When I switched the savings account back to the correct number everything seemed to work fine.

How the account number got changed is a mystery. I know that I didn't change it and everything was working correctly before the re-authorization process.

Just plain odd.

This discussion has been closed.