Scheduling income on business days

As of the current version, we have ability to select 1st, 2nd…last days of the month for transactions (either bills or income). The company I work for deposits on the 15th and last business day or before on the business day when the dates happen to fall on the weekend. Would it be possible to specify this when scheduling bills or income? For example, this month (Aug 2024), last day is 31st and falls on Saturday, however the company will deposit on Friday (30th); similar example next month (Sept 2024) where 15th falls on Sunday, the company will deposit on Friday before (13th).

3 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I've suggested to the Mods that they change this to an Idea, so you can see what support it gets from other users.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello @cemb007,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem that I see with this idea is that there are a multitude of state holidays that impact paydates also. So a user would either need to maintain such a list themselves, or still manually adjust the paydates in Q.

The the meager benefit that would ensue simply doesn't seem worth the effort that it would require.

There's bigger fish to fry than this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like this idea. But I think it needs to be for both QMac and QWin, not just QMac.

I agree that state holidays could be problematic (too many variables) and probably should not be considered, at least not initially. But most of Quicken does not take States-anything into account when it comes to other features of Quicken, such as Tax Forms and Tax Planner so why would this need to be different from that? I'd be OK if this were to include only the Federal holidays.

This concept already exists in QWin with DC Bank Bill Pay where the payment due date will be automatically pulled into the immediately prior business day if the planned or requested due date falls on a weekend or on a holiday.

I think there would be many people who would like this feature for at least income reminders. I have income reminders for IRA distributions and pensions benefits deposits that that not having to always manually adjusting the deposit dates for the dates banks are closed would be beneficial.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11