Quicken and Tangerine not playing nice again.

anie
anie Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
edited September 24 in All Things Canadian (Windows)

I have used Quicken for decades, back when it was not an annual fee. The only purpose is to download one credit card account and allocate those expenses. That's all. I don't use Quicken for anything else. Over the last couple of years, Quicken and Tangerine simply do not play nice with each other. Irregularly, transactions do not download. Usually it gets sorted in a few days. But this has become not worth the hassle. My choice is change bank or change system and download from the bank to a spreadsheet without the hassle and without paying an annual fee. The answer is pretty easy. I'm done.

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

There are some interesting changes coming that are likely to have a big impact on the entire concept of downloading transactions. Check out Open Banking for Canada —>

https://www.canada.ca/en/financial-consumer-agency/services/banking/open-banking.html

The banks will be required to support Open Banking. It will be interesting to see how Quicken responds to this development.

• anie
    anie Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Thank you - very informative link I think that will be the answer. Just tried direct download to spreadsheet - works fine for my purposes.

This discussion has been closed.